Earthwool HVAC Roll
Earthwool HVAC Roll is a lightweight blanket of Glasswool bonded with ECOSE Technology. The products listed are manufactured single layer. Earthwool HVAC Roll is used as thermal and/or acoustical insulation for appliance, equipment, acoustical, industrial, commercial and marine applications up to 650°F (343°C).
ECOSE Technology is a revolutionary new binder chemistry that makes Knauf Insulation products even more sustainable than ever. It is based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals traditionally used in Glasswool insulation products. ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics, artificial colours or UREA.
|Density (kg/m3)||Thickness (mm)||Length (m)||Width (mm)||Area per pack (m²)||Rolls per pack|
Features and Benefits
- Carbon-negative - meaning: Knauf insulation products used for thermal insulating purposes recover the energy that it took to make them in just hours or a few days, depending on the application. Once installed, the product continues to save energy and reduce carbon generation as long as it is in place.
- Glasswool insulation with ECOSE Technology contains three primary ingredients:
- Sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources
- A minimum 60% recycled post-consumer glass content and UL Environment verification every 6 months
- ECOSE Technology which reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%
Free of Phenol-formaldehyde
- Knauf Insulation with ECOSE Technology is totally free from phenol and formaldehyde.
Indoor Air Quality
- Certified for indoor air quality as a low emitting product by The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute to both the GREENGUARD Certification Program and the more stringent GREENGUARD Children and Schools standard.
Conformity to Standards
Earthwool HVAC Roll Insulation complies with following standards.
ISO 1716, 1182
Surface Burning Characteristics
- When tested in accordance with ASTM E 84, UL 723, Earthwool HVAC Roll does not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed.
Maximum Service Temperature
(ASTM C 411)
- Earthwool HVAC Roll is designed for applications to a maximum operating temperature of 650°F (343°C).
Odour (ASTM C 1304)
- Not objectionable.
Resistance to Microbial Growth
(ASTM C 1338)
- No growth.
Water Vapour Sorption (ASTM C 1104)
- Less than 3% by weight.
Corrosiveness (ASTM C 665 cl.13.8)
- Does not accelerate corrosion on steel, copper or aluminium.
Earthwool HVAC Roll Insulation is made-to-order and is available in rolls. For your requirements not listed, contact your Knauf Insulation sales representative.
Earthwool HVAC Roll Insulation is placed in a poly bag, vacuum packaged, and slipped into a poly sleeve. The end of the tube is closed with a plastic tie.
Glasswool and Mould
Glasswool insulation will not sustain mould growth. However, mould can grow on almost any material when it becomes wet and contaminated. Carefully inspect any insulation that has been exposed to water. If it shows any sign of mould it must be discarded. If the material is wet but shows no evidence of mould, it should be dried rapidly and thoroughly. If it shows signs of facing degradation from wetting, it should be replaced. Air handling insulation used in the air stream must be discarded if exposed to water.
The chemical and physical properties of Earthwool HVAC Roll represent typical average values determined in accordance with accepted test methods. The data is subject to normal variations. The data is supplied as a technical service and is subject to change without notice. References to numerical flame spread rating are not intended to reflect hazards presented by these, or any other material under actual fire conditions.
Check with your Knauf Insulation sales representative to assure information is current.